Was feeling blue – not sad emotion blue – but the colour eye shadow blue. The sky is so blue today and its such a glorious day. It makes me so happy to be in this weather, especially for September. Thus, I thought why not reflect that onto my eyes.
Here is what I did to get this look. I used;
1. I primed my eyes using the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Eye Concealer. Then set it with Anastasia Beverly Hills Banana powder for base. This helps to apply the shadows and blend easily.
2. I used Morphebrushes 350 Palette Oranges shade as a transition colours for the crease.
3. For the eye lid I stippled on the shade Wave from the Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Ultra Eye Shadows. Then on top for extra vibrant colour I added the Danger shade from the Gwen Stefani Palette in collaboration with Urban Decay. Amazing result.
4. I blended the eye shadow using a clean blending brush to diffuse the line and then went back to using the Orange eye shadow from 350 Morphebrushes palette and added more on top off the crease. Switch between the brushes to create the easily blended transition between the eye lid and top crease line. Making sure the Blue doesn’t creep above the crease. I don’t want the panda eye effect, now do I?
5. I added false lashes and waited for the adhesive to dry. Then I used the L’Oréal Volume Million So Couture So Black Mascara.
6. For under the eyes, I used the YSL Dessin du Regard WP Colour Pencil in the shade Noir Effronte to tight line the water line. Then using a pencil brush and the shadows, Orange, Wave, Danger and a hint of pink Harajuku shade from the Gwen Stefani Palette. I then added a coat of the L’oreal Mascara on my bottom lashes to give a symmetrical look along with the lashes above.
7. For the brow bone I used the shades Blonde and Bathwater from UdxGwen Palette.
1. I primed my face using Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. I then added the NYX Dark Circle Concealer Corrector under my eyes and upper lip to brighten up the areas i feel has any shadows. Then for foundation I used Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation in the shade 153=Y405 and stippled it onto my face with a Superdrug blending sponge.
2. I used the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Eye Concealer to highlight under my eyes then again set it with Anastasia Beverly Hills Banana powder.
3. To Contour I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit.
4. For Blush I used the shade Cherry from the Gwen Stefani Blush Palette.
5. For Highlight I used Becca X Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop on the tip of my nose, in my inner eye and at the top of my cheeks. POP!!
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Duo Brow Powder Ebony.
1. I moisturised my lips with a lip balm and then lightly used the Mac Mehr Lipstick.
Result! I absolutely loved this deep blue look and hope you like it too.
Let me know if you try this yourself and tag me on Instagram @mumtazadda so I can see what you’ve done. Also, leave me a comment below with your blog page link so I can see what looks you are creating.
Have a lovely day.